Thursday, June 28, 2012

Power Water

Pin It
I've mentioned previously with my frusteration with my body and fitness routine. I've always always been a very active person {involved in nearly every sport growing up}but for some reason or the other, over the past year... it all went to hell.
Ever since starting up softball in May though, I've gotten that health and fitness itch that I've been missing! I've been going on a lot more walk with the pups, going for runs in the morning before work {and sometimes after as well} and doing at least 300 ab workouts a day {I've always had a strong stomach and at one point could easily do over 1,000 sit-ups...I'll get there soon!}

I'm back to craving the feeling of pushing myself and feeling that "burn" after a workout!   

 Now that I'm pushing myself again, I've been eating healthier and drinking a lot more water. I love water. It is by far my favorite drink. Throw in a lemon wedge {or two} and I'm seriously the happiest lady. But I've realized that I haven't been drinking as much water as I "should" have be. So when I stumbled upon the blog {Second Floor Living}, where she shared a post about this delcious sounding water... I was super pumped!
A Russian website {Sitnoseckano} shared this delicous recipe that I'll try out tonight!

Looks good doesn't it?

Here's what you'll need:

  • 2 liters of water
  • 1 medium cucumber, peeled and thinly sliced
  • 1 lemon, thinly sliced
  • 1 teaspoon freshly grated giner
  • 10-12 spearmint leaves
Mix all the ingredients in a jug and leave in the fridge for a few hours or overnight. Quick and easy!

According to the website, the properities in the drink help you lose weight. I don't know if I necessarily believe that, but I love water and I love all the ingredients....so regardless, it sounds refreshing and delicious!


No comments:

Post a Comment