Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Wisdom Wednesday

Pin It
If you haven't already figured out, I love quotes.
Anything that I can find meaningful or inspirational really resonates with me.

Here's your weekly dose of Wisdom Wednesday... :)

Let me be frank here...we all can't always be kind, considerate, and nice. But somtimes, we need to take a step back and remember that, although cruelity may seem like the easier way out...rising above something and being kinder than you really feel will utlimaetly benefit you as a person.
It's true...even after over six years... :)
Story of my life. Someone drags me down...while someone lifts me up. It's the ever-painfully, yet beautiful way of life.
I've changed so much over the past five years. I've began to really come into my own and be confident in the person that I am. I'm always striving to be the best person I can be. Yes, I falter...of course I do...but I'm always aware of my behavior...and if I feel I've wronged myself, another person, or a situation...I want to fix it, make it right, and move past it as quickly as possible. 
My whole life I've been an insecure and jealous person...and it drove me crazy! I didn't realize until I met Andrew that bieng insecure and jealous had just as much to do with the other person as it did with myself. Andrew makes me confident and secure. I know he's proud to have me as his woman...standing by his side. I have no reason to be jealous or insecure of other women, because I know I have zero reason to feel that way. It's such a peaceful realization.
I could never be with a man who didn't treat "inferiors" with the upmost respect and common desceny. I'm blessed that Andrew treats everyone he meets with such kindness...regardless of who they are (or aren't.)
 I want to be a loving wife, a loving mother, and a loving person.  I will die happy if that is my legacy.
Because of my struggles, suffering, and defeats...I have grown an immense amount of compassion for the human race. Even people who have done me wrong, I wish no ill-will. Every one of us has experienced tragedy, in some form or another...and it is my desire to remember that with each person I encounter in my life. We're all just doing the best we can afterall.


2 comments:

  1. I love that first one! I always try to remind myself of that but I don't always succeed. I love quotes too, I could sit and pin them all day on Pinterest!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know...it's not always easy. Especially when you disagree and/or don't necessarily get along with someone. But I try tell myself that even if I don't like someone...I must always be kind.:)

    ReplyDelete