Wednesday, July 11, 2012

If You Really Knew Me

Pin It
{Vignettes} started this and I had to participate...


You'd know I hate horror movies and anything that makes me scared. I have way too big of an imagination to be able to separate fiction from reality.

You'd know I'm a walking contradiction, especially when it comes to relationships. On one end, I'm a strong-willed, independent woman...but on the other end, I'm very traditional in the way I view the roles of men and women.

You'd know I wore non-prescription glasses in high school for about six months and not for "fashion" reasons. I got hit in the eye with an egg in high school...yes an actual egg. Growing up, my school at some point had thought of the brilliant idea to have "egg" fights with the seniors vs. the juniors. Picture this, pitch black out, driving around in pick ups, wearing full on camo gear, throwing dozens upon dozens of eggs at each other. Well, I was the extremely unlucky person to get hit directly in the eye with one. It was awful...excruciating painful. I had to lay in bed for two weeks because if I moved to drastically, I could have gone blind. Moral of the story, after I was "recovered", the doctors requested I wear glasses to protect my eye in case it got bumped too hard in school.

You'd know I say the word "alcohol" and "always" really weird. I never noticed it until a couple of years ago my friends started pointing it out to me. No idea why I though..

You'd know I let my dogs give me kisses on the lips every day. I know it's weird and probably gross, but they're my babies and I love them. I also talk to them as if they were humans, let them sleep in bed with us, call myself strictly mommy and Andrew strictly daddy.  

You'd also know I want to be a mommy, like yesterday. I dream of what it will be like everyday. Anytime there's children around, I always gravitate to them. My latest word for adorable children are "nuggets"...just ask Andrew...he laughs at me every time.

You'd know I'm incredibly impatient and a bit of a control freak. When I know I want something...I want it right then.

You'd know I have a very loving and sensitive soul.  I used to be very opinionated, outspoken, and rude sometimes. I didn't have much of a filter and didn't take into account how I might be hurting people in the process. Today I "put myself in other people's shoes" as they say. I don't want to make anyone feel uncomfortable, inferior, or bad around me. If I ever do, it eats me up inside. I may not like everyone, but if I don't like/get along with someone, I just stay clear of them. And if someone has mean and hurtful things to say about me, I don't take it as personal anymore...because the older I get the more I realize mean spirited people are caused by their own jealously and/or things that they may or may not know.

You'd know I'm an incredibly affectionate person. I love to be in close contact with the people I love {giving my family and friends hugs...always holding Andrew's hand or putting my arm around him...stuff like that.}

You'd know that I'm horrible, horrible with money. No matter how hard I try be conscious of my spending, I swear my money just disappears. 

You'd know I love meeting new people and discovering new connections with them. I also love when I stumble upon blogs of people I don't even know and find myself relating to exactly what they are saying. It's so refreshing to know there's people out there that have similar thoughts and issues.

You'd know I'm ridiculously and incredibly hard on myself. To the point that it's rather disgusting.

You'd know I get affected easily by people's happy and sad moments. I'm incredibly emotional and tend to personalize over very happy and very sad things. For example, I'll cry at every wedding, even if I don't really know the people because it's such a beautiful moment to witness! I'll also cry if I hear a horrible tragedy, regardless of if I know the person very well or not. I just tend to feel a lot.







1 comment:

  1. LOVE this post! Such a fun way to get to know you better. I'm incredibly affectionate as well :)
    I might steal this idea from you...

    ReplyDelete