Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Ridding Yourself Of Negativity

Pin It
It's human nature to want, crave, and attempt to be simply...

 happy.

Ultimately finding happiness is battling negativity. We all have negativity in our lives...every one of us...but it's what we do with the negative that really defines who we really are.

The beautiful thing about the human condition is that we are always striving to be happier...even if we can't completely figure it out. But I believe in the power of free will and believe we have a choice. Regardless of how trapped we feel sometimes in life...we always have a choice. We must pick our battles and realize what's worth the pain and what's not

When negativity come into your life, it's important to first accept it.  Denial can be an ugly thing. You have to initially realize that there is this negative {I'm going to go with the classic nouns...a person, place, or thing} in your life. Once you realize this negativity, it's up to you to either change the situation or accept it and move the fuck on {excuse my language.} 

I believe that a big issue is that people settle, because we {as human beings} are creatures of habit. We like our comfort and routine, because it's safe...and it's known. It's scary to step outside our "bubble"...even if it's to reach a better place in our lives.

So what can you do to get out of the "bubble"? The best advice I can give is vigilant self-monitoring. You must constantly check yourself, because doing a "course correction" in life isn't easy. It takes a lot of focused mental work to consistently remind yourself to slowly rid yourself of whatever negativity is in your life. 

But, just remember to be easy on yourself, because ridding yourself of negativity isn't easy. 

{source}

4 comments:

  1. Great post, Cathryn!

    Getting rid of all the negative in my life as truly transformed me. True happiness can be reached once you simply find that inner peace.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's been awhile!
    but I just wanted you to know that I really look forward to and enjoy reading your posts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes I've figured that being negative doesn't make your life any easier. Thanks for your advice and great post! :)

    I was wondering if you can do me a favor and vote for me. Please do and follow the link below to read about it and there I put a link where you can vote for me. Many thanks!!

    http://petitemini.blogspot.se/2012/05/please-vote-for-me.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great Message, and I think something we need to be reminded of. Life is too short for negativity. It defintely pushes me away.

    {Shauna}
    www.ShaunaWyrick.com

    ReplyDelete