Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Voted!

Pin It

My fiance and I voted early this morning.. (GO US!)
and although I've never been very political....
this election has definitely made me more passionate on what I do and don't believe in.

I'm very fortunate that Andrew and I share the exact same political stance, 
especially on the amendments that matter the most.

We are proud Obama supporters! 

{source}

We also voted NO on the voter ID Amendment. WHY?

 The amendment would stop students, people with housing instability, communities of color, people with disabilities, rural Minnesotans, older Minnesotans, active-duty service members, and veterans from having a voice in our democracy - and would eliminate absentee voting and same-day registration as we know it. 

{source}

We also voted NO on the proposed constitutional amendment that would limit the freedom to marry for gay and lesbian couples in Minnesota. WHY?

Voting no on this amendment isn't about politics for me. It's about allowing someone to marry the love of their life! It's about love....it's about two people being a family...and having the same rights as any straight couple. I get to marry the love of my life, and I can't imagine being told I wasn't allowed to because of people being incapable of change. If you don't vote no, you are contributing to the ever present judgement of people who are different from you. This isn't about sanity of marriage! The 50% of people getting divorced or having affairs doesn't ruin the sanity of marriage? Call it what it what it really is...discrimination! Judge people on the basis of their character, not the color of their skin, sexual orientation, or anything else that doesn't coincide with "societies standards." Two people in love with each other...whether it's a man and woman, man and man, or woman and woman...that's a BEAUTIFUL thing!

I also blogged about this a few months ago {here.}

{source}

Whatever the turn out will be...
it's all left up to the American people.

NOW GO OUT AND VOTE!


2 comments:

  1. This looks so similar to my post today :) Happy Election Day! http://insertclassyhere.blogspot.com/2012/11/election-day-2012.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my gosh! i love that you have a blog!!! i must follow you at once :)

    ReplyDelete