Monday, March 17, 2014

My First Race {St. Patty's Day Style}

Pin It


Happy St. Patrick's Day!
 
 
I officially ran my first race on Saturday! I ran the Get Lucky Twin Cities 7K, which was ever so appropriate that my first race celebrated my heritage where there was beer at the end.
 
 I was lucky that I got to run with three of my favorite people who motivated me to sign up in the first place. They had ran a race before so it gave me the confidence that I could at least try it, right? Well, the only problem is, I decided to join two days before the run. I hadn't trained at all, except for going to yoga {which I later came to find out, that's not the same as training for a race.}
 
Regardless, I woke up at 6:45am, and told myself I was going to do this
 {even if I had to walk half the race.}
 
48 minutes after the race, I found myself crossing the finish line.
Without walking once.
I was shocked and amazed at what my body could do when I put my mind to it.
 
If you're a normal runner, this may not be an amazing feat, but for me, this was suprising.
And although I spent the rest of Saturday and Sunday icing and soaking my legs and feet {yes, I learned the importance of training} I'm so glad I did it! My friends and I are already signed up for another race, The Color Run Twin Cities 5K, this summer!
 
My motivators: Kelsey, Brady, and Louise :)
All ready for the race to start!
 
15,000 people ran in the Get Lucky race! Starting out in DT, Minneapolis {my home is just three blocks up from here :)}
 
My running buddy who kept me going. Thanks bff :)
 
We did it!
 


No comments:

Post a Comment